Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Golden Birthday!

I had no idea that golden birthdays even existed until I decided to have one. Yesterday, I turned 26 on the 26th. Supposedly this year will prove to be my most prosperous yet. I have reason to believe it as it seems that life just keeps getting more exciting as time goes on.

Leave it to Molly to come up with an awesome way to celebrate. She would lick mice as a child and I caught her the other day rubbing tomatoes on her nose to improve her skin. She decided that we should go to the bike path and have a parade. Just imagine the smiles, laughs and quizzical looks we brought to people as they saw 6 foreigners on 3-person bikes laughing hysterically. If you haven't been on a 3-person bike lately, you had better do it ASAP. Time is precious. Spend it well. Ride 3-person bikes...


Or you could try your hand at the fastest go-karts I've ever ridden. I had a difficult time keeping my head attached to my neck...that's how fast we were going. Of course I drooled on myself because I was so excited. (The dentist says I have overactive salivary glands...that's my excuse.)



I felt like a king today, man! It was almost like I had two celebrations. The first took place with the American peeps and round two began with the Taiwanese. Gloria, Janae and Princess Victoria (the guy in the hat...i'll explain later) took me out to get what they call a "Mango Milk." Basically, it's shaved ice on steroids. Shaved ice, condensed milk, plum sauce and tons of mango combine for a wonderful treat.

I think it's been quite a while since I've even celebrated my birthday. I just haven't been with anyone I really know the last few years wandering around Alaska doing odd-jobs. From now on I'm going to make sure I'm living with 8 girls every time that day rolls around. They just know how to make someone feel special.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, let's be honest. I'm jealous of your birthday celebration! How random! I love it! It sounds like you had so much fun!
    p.s. I'm pretty sure I've witnessed some funny things with those overactive salivary glands of yours... Nothing in particular, I just know that you drool A LOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golly. that looks like a great b day. I'm diggin' your tie-died shirt and you should truly think about having a permanent fro. It's simply to die for. Just like that shaved ice dessert and McDonalds' one dollar chocolate sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday big sis! I'm glad you were treated great on your b-day!

    ReplyDelete