Sunday, May 3, 2009

Julia Goolia

I know one is not to play favorites as a teacher, but one is also not encouraged to: hit students with bamboo sticks, fall asleep in class, speak Chinese with students, allow students to use four letter words (hey, it's good English practice, right?), or give students breaks that are over half as long as the total class period, but it happens.

Reasons that Julia is my favorite:

1. She's probably the only student I teach that I haven't caught with her finger buried up her nostril to the second knuckle. I'm sometimes extremely apprehensive about giving kids high fives and being left with a little present on my palm, but not with Julia.

Ok, maybe that's the solitary reason.

No, wait. I think I like her because she giggles at my mere presence. She is very easily amused by me for some reason. The other teachers often talk about her crying sporadically during class, but I have never heard her do anything except snicker, snort, shriek, split her sides, chuckle, chortle, cachinnate, guffaw, roll in the aisles, die laughing, be in stitches, and titter.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! that is a rarety that you find an Asian that doesn't pick their nose! Good for Julia!
    I think it's fitting that Julia laughs at you... Happiness is contageous! Good use of verbage! I enjoyed reading all the many ways to say laugh! Did you have to use a thesaurus? :) jk bro! uh... I like Julia's chubby cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia is a gansta! Look at her with her sly grin and Indian war makeup. She truly does look like a Native American to me. I guess Asians really did come across the Bering Straight and populate North America. Pocahontas(or is it Pocahiney?) would be proud! She would also be happy that Julia doesn't lose her finger up her nostril on the daily. Perhaps you should thwak the students' hands when they're getting a bogey. It would be good, swell, fun, advantagious, superb, silly, wonderful, awe-inspiring, and SEXY. Owen Bytheway, I know that those aren't all synonyms-I don't have a pocket thesaurus to pull those out of...Dane.

    ReplyDelete