Sunday, March 22, 2009

Romance in Asia

Hanna, the other white person in the picture and fellow SUU alumni, is teaching at a school in a neighboring city. She's been trying to play matchmaker [cue: Fiddler on the Roof music (man, i love that play!)] for a couple of months now. Saturday marked the culmination of her tireless efforts when Joseph and I took a trip to meet up with her and Molly (my date and the non-white person in the picture...we decided she's a beige color. And you know what they say: "The beige don't age! I'd never have guessed that she was 30. Am I completely misusing the little bracket things?)

I found it quite humorous that in the middle of a historic tour of Lugang, we found these authentic warriors. TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles) (I think I just like to use these brackets) was one of my faves growing up.

This sounds like the spot to me! If only my conscience had not been educated against 'alcoholic revelry' a.k.a getting smashed, being wasted, drunk, etc.


A Taiwanese version of "Ripley's Believe It or Not" museum. It reminded me of the one our family visited while in Jackson Hole. If you're ever in the area, in fact, even if you're not in the area, make yourself be in the area, cause it's worth seeing and believing...or not.


We visited a glass factory/museum, which was very entertaining. Parts of it seemed almost like a funhouse with all manner of mirrors, illusions and surprises. The artwork was unbelievable and we actually had the opportunity to watch one of the artists make some glass dolphins.

The doorstep scene was rather anticlimatic (par for the course). It consisted of Molly and Hanna dropping me, Joseph and two other friends off at the train station. It's not like I expected anything. I mean, you're talking to a guy who hasn't kissed a girl in well over two years, but I usually get at least a hug. Taiwanese are supposedly known for not being affectionate and I think it would have been an awkward hug over the steering wheel anyway. I thought it best to say thanks and just get out of the car.

With un-hugged arms I returned to my humble abode to find that I was going to get some lovin' after all. My little animae princess was unexpectedly waiting for me. And they all lived happily ever after. THE END

2 comments:

  1. That picture taken at the glass museum is tight! I love that you have captured approximately 25 Danes in one photo! How much better can it get? If I were that animae princess I would be so happy right now. I would love to have your phace on mine every night! Auh!
    It sounds like a great date though! You did a ton of stuff! Right on brotha!
    Tu amor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so dang funny! You're killing me! Glad you had fun. I would have hugged her just to see the look on her face!

    ReplyDelete