Sunday, March 8, 2009

Feed the Birds...but don't bring them on the bus!

Mary Poppins would've had a canary over this one. We had to duct tape our birds' beaks shut and stuff them into Arwyn's purse when we got on this bus. How were we to know birds weren't allowed? Had we not had Fenny, our taiwanese friend with us, I don't know how we would've ever figured out how to get those birds on the bus. Have you ever tried acting out duct tape with gestures?



An interesting name for a restaurant, don't you think? At least I think it was a restaurant.

The lady in the background is TICKED (at least she looks so in this picture). I think it may have upset her that we just took pictures and didn't purchase anything.
These are my Taiwanese girlfriends I met in Alaska. Today I met up with them here in Taiwan. It was a joyful reunion and this time, we could actually communicate...somewhat. They have all taken it upon themselves to play taiwanese matchmaker for me. Their first victim was the most beautiful girl I've seen in Taiwan who just so happened to be our waittress. They had her sit down right next to me while they explained to her that we were to become boyfriend and girlfriend. The girl's name was Van and when I told her that was my mom's name she got really excited. Anywho, it was fascinating to me that I was hanging out with people in Taiwan whom I met in Alaska. It still kind of blows my mind. Have you had any of those, "It's a small world after all" experiences lately?

3 comments:

  1. WHAT??!! You seriously got together with your lady friends!? I wanted that so badly for you! I'm so happy that it happened! I bet they were elated! They are so darn cute. That is so nice that you were able to communicate with them a little better this time. And they even did some matchmaking for you eh? Did you get Van's number? :)
    That is hilarious that you had to duct tape the birds mouth shut. In China, they would carry live chickens onto the buses all the time. They weren't in cages or anything. They just held them by their feet while the chickens cried. It was so funny to me! What did you do with the bird? What kind of bird was it? Did you guys cook it? Was it yummy?
    P.S. Is that George Washington on your t-shirt? You better be careful, you might start having dreams about marrying George. It seems as if you dream about all of the presidents that you have t-shirts with their pictures on... Obama (or should I say Barak :)), George, Who's next? Clinton?
    Keep up the thoughts from your brain. I hope temperatures are still throwing you for a loop! You Rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently received an e-mail from you. In it you said, and I quote, "Tell me all the exciting things in your lives and if there isn't anything exciting, just make it up!" Did you heed your own advice and make the bird story up? I certainly hope you were, because, as an active member of PETA, I am here to say that animals have feelings too. Think of those poor ostriches, cassowaries, and emus that you tried to stuff in that tiny purse. Either way, I'm glad you didn't get caught. Also, being a duck (cuz we're talking about birds) tape in gestures would be rather great.
    Single Lover eh? Sounds sexual. Maybe you could wear those hats to the place and renact Brokeback Mountain. Take the shop owner. By the looks of her she could use a good time.
    For a very split second I thought that the pic of your Taywaniese girlfriends was taken in Taiwen, and I thought the lady was still carrying that ruddy tiger. Funny! Why did she have a tiger in Alaska? Wouldn't a bear or stuffed salmon be more appropriate? I'm glad that these ladys tried pimping you out. You could take Van to Single Lover, or bring her home to Van's drive thru.
    Hmm...it's a small world experiences? Yes. I listened to that song over and over again in different languages while canoeing in the natatorium, just so I could feel like I was in Disneyland. Speaking of Disneyland, a 107 year old lady, the oldest ever to ride, rode Space Mountain the other day. The funny thing is, she was 75 when she got in line! Ting tong wong ding dong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my very words.....I so happy that you got to see your Taiwanese girlfriends!! And I feel happy that I was able to meet some of them in Alaska....they were so funny! I love when you said something about it being a "small world". That statement is so true! I think it's amazing that you met these ladies in Alaska and then you are able to hang out with them in Taiwan. I love it! You so pretty!! You big nose!! Remember? Ha ha..lol!

    ReplyDelete