Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Island Life


April 4th, 2009. Tombsweeping Festival. Taiwanese Holiday. No teaching. Reached the halfway point of the semester. Felt like I deserved a reward. Went on vacation. Snorkeling. Surfing. Hiking. Swimming. Relaxing. Deer farm. Salt water hot springs.


One of the many spectacular views on Green Island. We rented scooters and were able to drive around the island in about 30 minutes. It's small, but beautiful.




We met these guys from mainland China and ran into them everywhere on the island. They were super funny and like they always say: "It's always good to have a friend who lives in the place where all the cheap crap you own is made."

My travel buddies: Arwyn (in brown) and Jaimie. They were great at humoring me as I tried as much as possible to act like my Dad on this vacation. This entails: waking up at abnormal hours in the morning singing strange songs about the vacation, creating a trip language, and basically releasing all insanity from my body in an area where I will never see the people again. I probably gave the folks here a bit distorted version of what Amercians are like, but I feel justified in knowing that my insanity was released on strangers instead of my poor little students.






3 comments:

  1. A deer farm? Seriously? Wow! That's hilarious! Only in Taiwan. Dad really does have a couple different personalities, one of which is his vacation personality. HA! I'm glad you were able to experience what that feels like for a couple of days! That island is BEAUTIFUL!! Seriously! I'm sure the pictures don't do it justice, but it's pretty nonetheless. Your China buddies are babes! Always holding up the peace sign!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, So I bet your wondering why Wades post wasn't funny! Well, that's because it was me, Kaylee that accidently posted with Wades account! Woops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh that place is beautiful. Whenever I want to look at something beautiful, I go to the mirror. I look great in it.
    You're kind of a weirdo! What did one China man say to the other China man? Look at that American goofball stuck in the noodle tree. You caught me, I made that one up on the spot. It was better when I heard it. k bi.

    ReplyDelete