Saturday, April 11, 2009

Cowabunga Dude!

Danger versus the sea:
salt water slams into every orifice
causing blindness, gagging, and pain.
Round 1 goes to the sea.

Feeling the ocean's power,
I begin to understand why
people die doing this every year...and I'm barely chest-deep.
So I creep slowly out from the shore
seeking revenge
It's my turn to ride you like the County Fair's in town
as I drown in yet another face full of foam
and I'm shown that the second round also goes to the foe

but I know there must be some reason why
millions of people actually find this entertaining
and my neck's craning to find the perfect wave (like I know what that is)
and I paddle as if there's a life to save (there kind of is)
as I'm pushed and I ride exultantly all the way to shore
I'm sure it's Danger's battle
but the sea won the war.


2 comments:

  1. In the first picture I thought that the white part of your shirt was your arm! haha I was scared for a moment, but then I realized it was your shirt! :) That looks like so much fun and sounds like a lot of hard work and paddling. Have you ever been surfing before this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The orifice part really gave me a fantastic visual. I love myself a salt water enema!

    ReplyDelete