Monday, December 15, 2008

Kill the deviants???

I just sent in my visa application and directly above the signature line I read these words in bold, large print: WARNING: Drug trafficking is punishable by death according to criminal law in the Republic of China.

What if the U.S. adopted a similar policy? Would it serve as a deterrent to crime? What would be the positive and/or negative externalities of such a decision? Would the "war on drugs" be more effectively waged if we treated it more like an actual war and killed people?

Welcome to a portion of my brain...I was caused to consider a number of questions after reading this and decided to leave my crack at home this time...

1 comment:

  1. WAR on drugs! Now that's a cause I can get behind. Let's start getting some more use out of the homeland security system. I heard this speacial on NPR about how drug cartels are wreaking havock (spelling) on the citzens of Juarez, Mexico. Me and Toby Keith and Willie Neilson say, "Justice is the one thing you should always find, you've gotta saddle up your boys, you've gotta draw a hard line. When the gunsmoke settles we'll sing a victory tune and we'll all meet back at the local saloon!"

    ReplyDelete